DIY floating shelves are becoming really popular with every passing day. There are many different reason including its style and budget friendly nature. So if you are also interested in making a floating shelf on your own, then following are the supplies required for this project.
- 2” x 10” pine board
- Bench or hand router
- Drill press (optional)
- ½” paddle bit
- Blind shelf floating support invincible brackets
- Sand paper
- Paint or stain
Steps for Building Floating Shelves
Once you have arranged all the supplies then you need to move forward with building DIY floating shelves.
- The first and the most important thing you need to do is to gather the material and then to cut the board as per the measurements for which you wanted to have a floating shelf.
- Now you need to mark the sign where you wanted to put the hardware at the back of the shelf. For this you can using hand router. Further if you are going to use the hardware which is mentioned above then you need to have a notch of ½” deep.
- The next step should be to drill the holes for fixing the hardware. The holes that you make should be 4” deep. In case if you are facing difficult in drilling straight holes then you can use paddle bit because it will be easier for you to make straight holes using paddle bit.
- The next step should be to remove all sort of stain and sawdust from the DIY floating shelves. This can be done with the help of sandpaper and then you can paint these shelves with the color that you choose for these shelves.
- You are almost done with your project. The last thing you need to do is to hang the shelf in its pace. By using the hardware that is mentioned, you will be able to give your floating shelves an advantage of bearing more weight as compare to wooden supports.